Thursday, June 28, 2007

Let's Celebrate! 59.8 big ones!

Okay, so I had my WW weigh-in today. I *only* lost 2 lbs. last week. I needed to lose 2.2 lbs. to reach 60 lbs. lost today. I know, cry me a river. I am actually quite thrilled with my loss and I think 59.8 lbs. feels just as good as 60 lbs. would have.

I mentioned to my wonderful meeting leader, Melvin, that I need to set a goal. The 141 you see on my ticker up above is what I have been working towards, but it was just an arbitrary number I picked because it was the top end of a height/weight chart I found on the internet. For example, WW says the top end of my weight range is 146. Go figure. So he said we could talk next week about setting a number. I'm scared because I've had this 83 lb. goal in my head since last August, and now I'm thinking of making the journey longer, but I just don't know if I'm going to be satisfied with being at the upper end of my weight range. Not that there's anything wrong with it, I just don't know how I'll feel. I'm thinking maybe the 130's are where I want to be. I think my sister weighs 115-120 lbs., she's 5'2" and she's skinny. I honestly do not want to be that skinny. First, I wouldn't be being true to myself or my self-image at that weight and second, I don't think it would be worth the sacrifices I'd need to make to maintain it. But, when do you decide how much weight to lose and can you decide you haven't lost enough? I guess what I'm saying is . . .

How do you know when you've lost *enough* weight?


P.S. I know I have been doing horribly on the exercise front. I am trying to start Kim's 100 day challenge, but I have been failing miserably. (Kim, I'm sorry, I have been no use to you so far ! :) I just told my friend Megan that I was going to try the swim club on Monday. I don't know if that was a lie or not seeing as I won't be able to do it again after Monday since Wednesday is July 4th and the following week Water Aerobics starts! (Yah Water Aerobics!) I know I should stop staying I'll try to do things and just commit to doing them. I suck. I really think I'd feel better if I got regular exercise. I just so freakin' lazy! I do much better with scheduled classes than being left to my own devices.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

congrats on your big loss! don't worry, you'll make it to 60 pounds next time, if not by more! you're doing so well - keep up the great work! :o)

Unknown said...

Ehhh, round it up ;-) Its as good as 60lbs! CONGRATULATIONS!

Regarding the goal weight thing - I'm in the same camp as you, I really have no idea of whether my goal weight is an appropriate healthy weight or not. I've decided that I'll reassess it when I'm approaching goal, which is probably the best place to look at it anyway. The way I'm going at the moment, I'm predicting that I'll have to lower it - but by how much; I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Lori G. said...

You're doing so well and so don't sweat it--it will be 60 -- look at far you've come.

angelfish24 said...

Yeah, for your wt loss! You will hit 60 next time. As for setting goals, I set mine at the high end too 150. Wt watchers says it should be 145. I think I will get to that goal and then see how I feel. Sometimes your body will just tell you. Like if you keep on dieting past your goal and just can't seem to lose more, maybe that is the weight for you.
Anyway, it's cool that you have your goal wt in your sights. Mine is going to take forever to get to but I feel I can get to it! I'm gonna do the Kim's challenge too.

Lily T said...

I am also in the same camp! I'm feeling so good with the way I look and feel that I’m wondering why I’m continuing. But I at least I want to be within my healthy BMI weight range before I start thinking about stopping. I’ll be checking my body fat next weekend, and that also has an influence in my decision.

Congrats on the lost! What an accomplishment!

M@rla said...

59.8! Baby, round it up! Go cut your toenails, floss your teeth, pee, clean your fingernails... you're there. Congratulations!

Kim said...

Wowzers!!! Congrats on all that you have accomplished! I am so happy for you!!!! And thanks for the shout out on the challenge. I'm really hoping that the group support helps us all along. :) I know that I can use all of the help I can get!!

Anonymous said...

wooooooohooooooooooooooo! -girlinga.com