Thursday, March 15, 2007

Waterworld

Things have been crazy this week! Life has been so much easier in grad school than in the real world that I had almost forgotten what stress feels like. Well it came back in full force on Wednesday! (I better get used to it because that's what life is going to be like all the time once I graduate.) The day started with me waking up at 9:14am and needing to be at school for a class at 9:30am! The good thing was that I had water aerobics at the end of the day. It was so wonderful. A great recovery of my mental and physical energy. And I did the whole class without the buoyancy belt. We all, including the instructor, wear these floatation belts to help keep us treading water in depths of about 9-10 feet. I forgot to put mine on and couldn't understand why after 6 weeks the exercises seemed harder. Then I remembered the belt, but decided to just give it a shot and do the class without it. I felt more tired at the end, but it was a great feeling. The next 6 week set of classes start after spring break and I am going to do that entire set without the belt. I'm psyched!

I was pretty successful at adding more water to my daily diet. I'd say I drank about 40 oz. of water every other day. Now I just need to get in the habit of doing it every day. I find I like drinking water out of those overpriced plastic bottles instead of a cup or a glass, even at home. So I've been refilling those plastic bottles and carrying them with me. It's working so far.

Today was my weigh-in and I'm down 1.2 lbs. this week. I checked my long-term goals chart and it looks like I'm still on track for all my milestones ("1/2-way to goal", "no longer obese by graduation", etc.). That makes me happy, but as you know I'm trying to concentrate more on how I feel than on what the scale or the clothes say. And I've been feeling really good, even though my total amount of exercise this week was pretty low and I ate fried eggplant today (yum-eee)! I'm a little nervous that I'm not going to get in any exercise when I'm in Las Vegas next week for spring break (at my parents). I'm planning on taking a 45 minute walk each day. The weather should be beautiful so I won't have any excuses.

I hope you are all doing well and in a good place. I haven't been to many blogs this week because of a ton of school work, so I'll be checking out what you've been up to this weekend. Take care! Trixie

7 comments:

Kim L said...

Congrats on the loss! Enjoy your spring break in Vegas. I know you'll get some exercise in. I need you to so you can inspire me to do the same during MY spring break in a couple of weeks. I'm a teacher -- we look forward to the break even more than the kids! I'll be in Austin visiting my nephew and just loving my favorite city! Have fun!

angelfish24 said...

Way to go on the loss this week! You are losing at a good and steady rate.
Have fun in vegas, I always have a good time down there and the weather should be good. You can get in a lot of walking there, just watch out for the buffets, ha ha.

Mal said...

I guess it's almost 2 years since I graduated with my Master's and I can tell you that the stress is totally, completely different. For the first little while, I felt like I had no stress at all. Then, you just realize that it's a different kind of stress. Either way, though, you'll adapt and do great!

Unknown said...

congrats on the loss and for making it to your half-way mark... what a great send-off before your spring break too! i, too, am trying to focus on other things besides the scale but its still cool to see a loss... have a nice weekend... :o)

BigAssBelle said...

miss trix ~ happy to hear you sounding so happy and excited about life. it's a magnificent thing when a (former) fat girl can say she loves exercise. what an accomplishment!!

you're doing great and i expect the vegas trip will go well. thanks for being an inspiration.

Lily T said...

I always wanted to try water aerobics. Seems so relaxing.

Georgia Girl said...

I just saw your ticker and that you've lost almost FORTY pounds! You rock. ;)