Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Weight Watchers Weigh-in # 2

Thanks for all your positive posts. It really makes me feel like I'm not alone.

So I did it, after two weeks and one false start, I finally got back to a Weight Watchers meeting.

I went to a different location and I liked the meeting leader better. It's funny that each group has a few stereotypical members - there always seems to be an older woman who has been around the block and lets everyone know by answering all the questions the meeting leader asks the crowd before anyone else can. I actually find it kind of endearing. It takes the pressure off of me to feel like I have to participate. I'm planning on going back next week.

So, I know you are all sitting on the edge of your seats, waiting with bated breath, wondering what the scale said. Okay, since you asked so nicely I'll tell you ... 224.2, I'm up .4 from 223.8 two weeks ago. Considering the fact that I didn't journal my food or count points for those two weeks, I'm perfectly fine with that number. I mean, I don't want to waste money by going and not losing. But for right now I need to make it a habit before I can focus on losing. And, I need to start exercising. I think that is going to be my goal for Saturday afternoon. So here's my pledge:

I pledge that I will ride the recumbent bike at the gym for 20 minutes on Saturday, 9/9.

I also think I am going to count points instead of trying to live within the confines of the core program. I have realized I just don't eat enough core food naturally to make it an easy transition. Yeah, counting points and keeping track of my food at myfooddiary.com is going to be a b*tch, but if I make it a habit I think I can stick to it.

So that's me in a nutshell. A roomy nutshell, but it'll get smaller. Take care!

5 comments:

Amazon Alanna said...

Trixie, congrats on getting to the meeting. The hardest time to go is when you know you haven't done your best.

If you think the flex plan is for you, go for it! For me, I crave bananas and avocados...so core is great for me. Plus, when I'm on a active kick, the extra eating room of being able to eat a ton of extra fruits and veggies works for me, but it ain't for everyone.

You're still learning the program, so no sweat!

Are you going to join Renee's challenge?

Anonymous said...

An Invitation to:

Lose weight, gain friends: The Rice Way

The Rice Way is the best source of information, guidance, and support for the amazing new weight loss solution: The Rice Diet.

Get all the inside info, specific advice, food lists and recipes! Start your own online weight-loss journal for FREE! Enter a fun and friendly community dedicated to health, well-being and support!

Join today to start your own weight-loss success story!

Anonymous said...

An Invitation to:

Lose weight, gain friends: The Rice Way

The Rice Way is the best source of information, guidance, and support for the amazing new weight loss solution: The Rice Diet.

Get all the inside info, specific advice, food lists and recipes! Start your own online weight-loss journal for FREE! Enter a fun and friendly community dedicated to health, well-being and support!

Join today to start your own weight-loss success story!

... said...

thats good that you liked the meeting leader better! there is nothing worsing at killing your motivation then joining a group and not liking the ppl who run it.

i can't wait to read on Sat Sep 9 that you rode the recumbent bike for 20 minutes ;)

giddy giddy

Anonymous said...

Good point. If youre looking for Weight Loss please visit us.