Saturday, August 02, 2008

I'm Speechless


Hey kids! I don't know if any of you are still out there, being that I haven't blogged in like 6 weeks and you've probably all given up on me. But, I wanted to at least let you know that I am alive and well and still figuring things out one day at a time.


The broken toe has healed, but for countless lame reasons I haven't started running again yet. Today's lame reason is that NYC is overshadowed with black clouds and thunderstorms. Normally, this could be a good reason. But, since I'm planning on going out in it to run errands, undeterred by the elements, not running is pretty lame.


I haven't been to a WW meeting since God was a boy - okay, in like 2 months. Granted, I'm Lifetime, but I still should go more often. It sucks because that means I'll have to pay to weigh-in. I'm a little scared to see what the scale says, but my clothes still fit, so I guess that's a good thing :)


I started the application process to join the National Weight Control Registry. It is something I've been wanting to do for a long time, but you have to keep off at least 30 lbs. for at least a year. I was going to wait until I had kept the 85-ish lbs. off for a year, but I was too excited to wait. I've kept off about 50 for a year, so I thought it was okay to apply. I filled out their initial questions, but I haven't heard anything since. I think becoming a part of a "maintenance group" will be really motivating. I'll keep you all posted.


The only good thing is that I've continued to walk a lot - at least a mile a day. And since this isn't really planned exercise, just my daily commute, I think that's pretty good. I have also found that I have a beautiful park near me along the Hudson River. Check out the view of the park and water here. I keep setting my alarm early to take a walk in the morning, but so far it hasn't happened. Maybe tomorrow :)


Okay, so now I'm going to go run errands in the rain. I promise to come back again soon. I have been lurking on all your blogs and silently rooting for you!


Take care,


Trixie

3 comments:

marie said...

This makes me want to come visit MORE!

The upper west side is so purdy!

Don't fear the scale, chickie. you'll be fine :)

Now get out with the road runners. I want to live vicariously through you!!!!

Unknown said...

good to hear from you and that your toe is on the mend! :o)

Vickie said...

I had moved you down to the blogs that I only check once a week or so - but had 'kept' you. Glad to hear that things are going well. Picture is LOVELY. Are you still bunking with your friend or new apartment?