Friday, March 07, 2008

It's a New Record Folks!

I actually ran for 22 minutes yesterday without stopping! It is totally a record for me. I didn't start out my run with that plan, but I just kept feeling really good and deciding to keep going without stopping and I ran all the way home without a break. I was tired at the end, but it felt so goood! And I didn't feel like I was dying at the end either, which was awesome. I mean it was harder at the end, and it was up hill, but I think I could have kept going if I had wanted to. It is such an amazing feeling! I never thought I could run for that long. Remember when I was doing C25k and they wanted you to go from running for 10 minutes to just run for 20 minutes and I thought they were crazy! Well, I guess I did the right thing and kept going at my own pace (pun intended) and managed to work my way up to 20+ minutes. My longest run before yesterday was 15 minutes and 45 seconds and a shorter distance. It just felt so good to be running that I didn't want to stop. Isn't that crazy! I never thought I would say something like that. I'm the person who wouldn't run from the car into the store in a rain storm because it hurt my shins. Now I guess I am on my way to training for that future 5k race someday, somewhere! I think I am going to run a 3 mile loop (run/walk) on Monday or Tuesday. I'm looking forward to it.

I also ran today, but I took the short route. I *only* ran for 13 minutes (without stopping), which you all might know is still a fair amount of time for me. I'd like to get back into running intervals and that's what the 3 mile loop on Monday or Tuesday should help me do.

I had an interview with DSW shoe warehouse today. It's only $8/hour, but it's a job. They actually asked me what the fashion trends are today. I knew them because I am obsessed with fashion magazines these days, but I mean really kids, this isn't Prada or Dior we're talking about. Actually, it was kinda fun to know the answer. They have to do a background check, but they said they were interested. I should hear something late next week. The job might put a crimp in my running and hiking schedules, but I need to start making some money. I'll let you know what happens next week.

2 comments:

Kim said...

CONGRATS on the new running record!!!!!! You are on your way now!!! :) I wish we lived closer so we could run together.

Dicks said...

That's the best job you can get? You don't have a degree or anything?