Tuesday, February 13, 2007

One Year Older ... and Wiser for It?


Today is my birthday - I'm 34! And I got the gift every kid dreams of ... a snow day! My classes on Tuesdays are at 3:30pm and 7:00pm and school posted a notice that they were closing as of 2pm today due to inclement weather. How cool is that?! Truth is it just means two things for me: (a) I have more time to work on an optional assignment I have due tomorrow and (b) I'm stuck at home alone because the roads are too bad to drive on. But really, what is there to complain about - I have cable TV, the internet, my bath tub and I went to the grocery store last night so I have a full supply of Diet Pepsi on hand!

I don't know if I've made 34 by 34 yet because I don't weigh in at Weight Watchers until Thursday. But, I don't think it is going to pan out because I had a big night out on Saturday - tapas. It was awesome. Six of my friends from school and I had dinner at a place called Jaleo. Shrimp, scallops, salmon ... can you tell I love sea food? Tonight's menu is chicken tacos. I'm allowed to have the flour tortillas because I didn't eat lunch today so dinner is going to be early and a big meal (about 14 points).

Water aerobics started last night. It's in deep water this time. They have us wearing floatation belts so it isn't hard to tread water at all. The class is about twice as big, so it is a little hard to maneuver. It was nice to see my friend from the shallow water class last semester. She looks great. She's lost a total of 26 pounds and her goal is 40 pounds (Go Nancy!). I think she's definitely going to achieve it. My swimsuit looks a little baggie (Yeah!), but I think it is more because it is so old than because of any weight I've lost. I have another suit that is newer that fits that I'm going to start wearing. Unfortunately it doesn't give me as much support, but we'll see how it goes.

Looking over the past year I have a lot to be thankful for. My family and friends are all happy and in good health. I live in a safe, comfortable place. I've almost finished my master's degree and I've lost weight, which is something I feared I'd never accomplish. And I've met all of you! I definitely feel blessed! Here's to being 34!

4 comments:

Vickie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!

Vanessa said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like 34 is going to be a fabulous year for you. You're off to a great start!

angelfish24 said...

Happy Birthday and here's to snow days! I love seafood too.

TitanThirteen said...

I'll join in that "Happy birthday" chorus too :o)
I don't really like seafood. I like fish'n'chips. And i like prawns if they don't have heads, tails, or poo bags lol