Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Grande Non-fat No-Whip Mocha, Please

Okay, I must confess. I have a new addiction. (The tortilla addiction is under control now.) It is the grande non-fat, no-whip mocha drink at Starbucks. I keep trying to convince myself that it's not that bad for me. I have even started getting the tall (their name for small) instead of the grande. The grande is 220 calories, but it's 5 points. I used to get them once in a while. Then it was a couple times a week. Now it's every other day. Meanwhile, I'm a student, so I shouldn't be spending $3.73 of my loan money on Starbucks! The truth is I love coffee. Not just coffee, but hazelnut coffee. But once I left NYC, with a coffee place on every corner, and my beloved afternoon hazelnut coffee breaks, I have been in search of a sweet replacement. (It may be one of the things I miss most about New York.) The coffee I make at home just isn't cutting it and the coffee at school is some kind of sick burnt joke.

So, there you have it. I have confessed. What made me fess up was my weigh-in today. I gained a pound last week. I think it was the combination of the grande non-fat etc. etc. drinks and the bag of Chipotle tortilla chips and side of guacamole I had. (Okay, so the tortilla chip addiction is not totally under control.) So my goal is to limit myself to only two more grande non-fat blah blah blahs this week (through and including next Monday). That will get me back to only 3 in one week. And I'm not going to get the chips at Chipotle this week. That's my mantra.

Oh, and if you read my "Should I Stay or Should I Go" post a few weeks back about running into someone I worked with this past summer at my Weight Watchers meeting, I have an update. I saw her again tonight, in passing. She was in the middle of a private conversation with someone so I didn't want to interrupt to say hello. And you know what, I feel fine about it. I'd prefer not to know anyone at my meetings, but this isn't so bad. I think it was the initial shock of seeing her that got to me. I think there's room enough for the both of us.

I have a big client presentation on Thursday. I'm hoping I can still make water aerobics that evening. I missed tonight because we had a group meeting to prep for the presentation. I also checked out the hours for lap swim at the gym and they are great. They are basically open from 6am-11pm M-F and they also have good hours on the weekend. My reward for myself for a tough week is to go swimming on Friday (I don't have any classes).

So, that's it for me. I hope you are all doing well.

Cheers!

Trixie


(You can check the nutritional content of all Starbucks drinks and food at this website http://www.starbucks.com/retail/nutrition_info.asp. They even have a link to it on the top of their homepage, which I respect.)

2 comments:

Vickie said...

I think we all are creatures of HABIT. I guess the trick is to teach ourselves good ones and not start bad ones . . .

Good luck with the three day limit - I can't seem to be able to do that. It starts out fine and then escalates some how . . .

Amazon Alanna said...

I am a Starbucks junkie myself. I oder the following: grande skim 3 splenda toffee nut latte, no foam, no whip. My barista's call it the "Alanna special". A grande skim latte is core, and the syrup is 2 points for 4 pumps of syrup.

If I'm feeling tight for points I'll get a grande skim 2 splenda sugar free vanilla latte, which is totally core.

I'm right there on the Starbucks line with ya, Trixie.